We are seeking a Sales Development Representative with hustle! You will provide a critical contribution towards the sales pipeline so you need to be highly motivated and not afraid of rolling up your sleeves and getting your hands dirty for the cause.
In this role you will identify potential customers and start conversations with them through outbound channels including email sequences, phone calls, LinkedIn, and video calls. You will qualify them to ensure they will benefit from our solution and convert them into opportunities for our Sales Director to close.
Day-to-day you will work closely with our Sales Director, Asia-Pacific, and interact often with our Global Sales Team, Head of Marketing, CEO and others in our organization from around the world.
What is Karbon?
Karbon is a work and communication hub for teams. Designed to solve the pain points of collaborating across teams, departments and locations, and specialised for the professional services industries (Accounting, Finance, Consulting, etc.). Karbon combines a team's email, discussions, tasks and powerful workflows to keep everything a team needs to get work done in one place and in context. Check it out at karbonhq.com.
Founded in San Francisco, we have grown into a globally distributed team with people in San Francisco, Seattle, San Diego, Sydney, Melbourne and Nelson NZ.
What you’ll do:
- Promote, educate and sell Karbon products and services to new and existing customers.
- Network and build relationships with new and existing customers.
- Outbound promotion via email, social apps and phone calls to create new leads.
- Discovery calls to qualify prospects and develop their interest in Karbon's products.
- Work to deadlines, and make a habit of knocking sales targets out of the park.
- Develop, manage and prioritize a solid pipeline of prospects.
- Schedule demo calls with prospects for the rest of the Karbon sales team.
- Keep customers happy by investigating and resolving customer issues.
- Use Salesforce, Outreach and other systems for efficient prospecting, engagement, and lead management.
- Ultimately, sell sell sell!
Qualities we are looking for:
- Experience in sales, customer service, or other related fields.
- Excellent in-person, phone and written customer communication skills.
- Highly motivated to outperform (sell sell sell!) and a little competitive nature wouldn't go astray.
- Natural ability to to build rapport with customers.
- Formidable negotiation skills.
- Ability to manage time effectively and work independently.
- Passion for technology.
- Bonus points if you also have experience using Salesforce and Outreach.
- University degree in Business, Finance, Marketing, Sales, IT or administration.
- You need to be allowed to work in Aussie (Australian or New Zealand Citizen, or already hold Permanent Resident status).
Benefits of working at Karbon:
- Opportunity to be part of building a global SaaS company.
- Ownership and autonomy over the work you do.
- Work with (and learn from) a very experienced team.
- Part of a startup team that will continue to grow around you.
- Collaborative team environment.
- Flexible work week.
Apply with a note about yourself, your CV and a couple of paragraphs telling us why you are keen for the role and why we would be silly not to hire you.
Please email your application to [email protected].