We are looking for a passionate, self-starter to join our US team. This role will have a strong operations focus, with a high level of engagement with Customer Success, Level 3 Support and development teams.
Karbon is the premium work management platform for the accounting industry and has become indispensable for firms around the world to support their team and navigate the sudden shift to remote work. Karbon brings planning, clients, work and communication together. In one place, where it belongs. So even if the firm has to work remotely, they're all together online. Check it out at karbonhq.com.
Founded in San Francisco in 2014, we have grown into a globally distributed team with people in San Francisco, Seattle, San Diego, Reno, Sydney, Melbourne and Nelson NZ. We are well-funded, have a fantastic team culture and make a global impact.
About this role and the work
Some of your main responsibilities will include:
- Proactively monitoring production environments and taking corrective actions
- Working with Customer Success and Support teams to address issues raised by customers or notifying the development team when required
- Database administration, automation, performance tuning, and doing data fixes when necessary
- Performing data extraction at the request of customers or internal stakeholders
- Creating documentation, and responding effectively to customer tickets
- Executing Data and Dev Ops projects alongside business-as-usual tasks
This role is open for applicants from anywhere in the US. You will have the option to work remotely, or work with our existing teams if you are located in Reno, San Diego, Seattle or Bay Area.
Candidates with following experience are encouraged to apply:
- Operations/Level 3 support experience with excellent communication skills
- Strong relational database knowledge – _preferably Microsoft SQL Server
- Platform monitoring or system administration skills with a focus on automation
- Familiarity with Microsoft tech stack. Cloud experience is nice to have
- Strong customer-focus and dedication
- Ability to clearly explain and document issues
- Analytical thinking, with abilities to multitask and prioritize
- Keen interest in learning and adopting new technology
- Overall a good team player who brings passion to the table
Why work at Karbon?
- Opportunity to be part of building a global product
- True ownership and autonomy over the work you do
- Work with (and learn from) a very experienced team
- Part of a startup team that will continue to grow around you
- Flexible approach to work hours and environment (we believe in trust and autonomy—we’re not going to monitor when or where you work)
- The option to work remotely, from one of our offices, or both
- A culture of open communication, consistent feedback, and full transparency into company results, metrics, and financial position
Applying for this job
Please email your application to email@example.com