We are looking for a multi-skilled web developer to join our marketing team. We have huge plans for our marketing site but not enough hands to get it all done. We have a cool new tech stack, content on the go and designs in the works. You will help build and refine our homepage, product marketing and content marketing sites.
What is Karbon?
Karbon is a work and communication hub for teams. Designed to solve the pain points of collaborating across teams, departments and locations, and specialised for the professional services industries (Accounting, Finance, Consulting, etc.). Karbon combines a team's email, discussions, tasks and powerful workflows to keep everything a team needs to get work done in one place and in context. Check it out at karbonhq.com.
Founded in San Francisco, we have grown into a globally distributed team with people in San Francisco, Seattle, San Diego, Sydney, Melbourne and (for lifestyle's sake) Nelson NZ.
Why work in Nelson?
- More sunshine hours than Wellington, Auckland or Christchurch.
- Awesome work-life balance.
- Great place to bring up a family if you have one.
- Top-notch schools.
- Craft brewing started here, and the wineries aren't bad either.
- We pay Wellington equivalent salaries.
- Housing is around 40% cheaper than Auckland.
- Your commute is shorter.
- Current team record for shortest desk-to-mountain-bike-trail time is six minutes by pedal-power so hit the trails mid week.
- The best of regional life, with the work opportunity of a big city.
Qualities we are looking for:
- We want you to be passionate about building awesome web experiences with a design eye and an engineering mind.
- Solid experience working with a JS framework.
- Bonus points if you know your way around Gatsby, Node and React — but it's easy to learn if you already know your way around other frameworks.
- All the basics, HTML, CSS/SASS, JS, REST, Web Sockets, Git, obviously.
- Excellent communication skills to work in an international, multi-location team.
- You need to be allowed to work in New Zealand (New Zealand or Australian Citizen, or already hold Permanent Resident status).
Benefits of working at Karbon:
- Opportunity to shape the marketing direction of the company.
- Ownership and autonomy over the work you do.
- Part of a startup team that will continue to grow around you.
- Collaborative team environment.
- Flexible work week.
- Wellington equivalent salaries.
- Live and play in Nelson (see 'Why work in Nelson?' above).
Apply with a note about yourself, your CV and a couple of paragraphs telling us why you are keen for the role and why we would be silly not to hire you.
Please email your application to [email protected].