Karbon is hiring a full-time FP&A Analyst to help executives and key stakeholders succeed in our business goals by providing meaningful insights into the operating performance of our organization and helping us plan and execute our business and financial strategies accordingly. This role will serve as a crucial link between our external finance team, our department heads, and our executive staff.
As an FP&A Analyst, you will...
- Assist with production of monthly, quarterly, and annual analyses of actuals vs budget and forecast
- Partner with our external finance team, executives, and department heads to manage budget and forecast for headcount and non-headcount operating expenses
- Build reports and dashboards for enhanced visibility using tools such as Excel and Salesforce
- Participate in Karbon’s strategic and operational planning, providing support with forecasting, P&L management, cash flow, and balance sheet projections
- Contribute to the month-end close process
- Potentially lead the implementation of a budget and forecasting tool such as Planful
- Additional finance duties which may include implementing software solutions and creating/improving processes
Karbon is the premium work management platform for the accounting industry and has become indispensable for firms around the world to support their team and navigate the sudden shift to remote work. Karbon brings planning, clients, work, and communication together in one place where it belongs, so even if the firm has to work remotely, they’re all together online.
Founded in San Francisco, we have grown into a globally distributed team with people in the Bay Area, Seattle, San Diego, Reno, Sydney, Melbourne, and Nelson NZ. We are well-funded, have a fantastic team culture, are growing rapidly and making a global impact. Learn more about us at karbonhq.com.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related field
- 2+ years of experience in FP&A or other finance-related roles (SaaS experience a plus)
- Prior experience with financial planning systems such as Planful, Anaplan, etc.
- Strong analytical capabilities and problem-solving skills with attention to detail and data integrity
- Critical thinker with excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
Why work at Karbon?
- Competitive salary
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage with FSA option (USA residents only)
- Opportunity to be a part of building a global product
- True ownership and autonomy over the work you do
- Work with (and learn from) a very experienced team
- Be part of a startup team that will continue to grow around you
- Flexible approach to work hours and environment (we believe in trust and autonomy - we’re not going to monitor when or where you work)
- A culture of open communication, consistent feedback, and full transparency into company results, metrics, and financial position
- Unlimited PTO and a minimum of 5 consecutive days of vacation taken per year to fully disconnect from work
- Company retreats and off-sites
Applying for this job
To apply for this job, email your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.