We are looking for a Marketing Coordinator with a knack for writing and content to join the Karbon team. You will assist in some areas and own others, working with a great team to execute a broad strategy and play a significant role in driving our next phase of growth.
What is Karbon?
Karbon is the premium work management platform for the accounting industry and has become indispensable for firms around the world to support their team and navigate the sudden shift to remote work. Karbon brings planning, clients, work and communication together. In one place, where it belongs. So even if the firm has to work remotely, they're all together online. Check it out at karbonhq.com.
Founded in San Francisco, we have grown into a globally distributed team with people in San Francisco, Seattle, San Diego, Reno, Sydney, Melbourne and Nelson NZ. We are well-funded, have a fantastic team culture and make a global impact.
About this role and the work
This role will help to execute a broad marketing strategy covering a range of activities across social, events, webinars, advertising, product marketing, email marketing and more. Basically, everything that we do in marketing, you’ll be involved in some way.
The biggest part of this is content — planning, coordinating, editing, writing and distributing. Ideally, you will eventually grow into the leader of our content marketing.
This is a role for someone who knows how to mix an idea with the initiative to make it a reality. Someone willing to do the research, put in the work, speak to the right people, and have the smarts to make it happen. Someone who is hungry to learn, grow and develop their skills quickly.
Some of your main responsibilities will include:
- Assisting and eventually leading everything related to content marketing. Managing the content roadmap, coordinating a team of writers and designers, writing your own material, editing others’ work, publishing, distributing, and planning out the entire puzzle.
- Webinar management. We run multiple webinars every week covering a range of topics, aiming to achieve different objectives. You’ll be responsible for planning, creating, promoting, and following-up each one.
- Email marketing. From personalized drip and nurture campaigns to monthly newsletters, you’ll help us to reach our potential customers through thoughtfully crafted communication.
- Social media management & coordination. You will assist in the publishing of content, as well as community engagement and follow-up.
- Event management. We have a busy calendar of events that need to be organised, planned and executed. Some are Karbon-owned, others are sponsorship efforts that will require engaging with organisers.
- Working with global teams. You will help execute campaigns across four different countries and timezones.
- Lots of other activities across every area of the marketing mix. There won’t be many days that look the same.
If you’re the right person for this role:
- You have at least 2 years of experience in a marketing, communications, writing, or event management role, doing any or all of the responsibilities listed above.
- You love writing. You’re great with words, you believe in content marketing, you can get a point across in a sucinct and concise manner, you can adapt to write for different audiences, and you genuinely enjoy it. In case we haven’t stressed this enough — you need to be an awesome writer!
- You possess unparalleled attention to detail, especially while multitasking — you will be doing a lot of things at the same time, and you need to be able to flawlessly execute each one of them.
- You show a proven ability to multitask — see above — and be a team player. You will be working with the product, design and sales teams in Australia, New Zealand and the US.
- You not only understand social media; you live and breathe it.
- You have some experience with Salesforce and Pardot, or some similar tools.
- You might have a degree of some sort. If so, that great, but it’s not essential. We aren’t looking for someone with theoretical skills. It’s your attitude that we care about most.
- You are eager to learn and grow, you’re hungry to make things happen, you can listen to feedback, you enjoy a laugh, and you’re a good person.
- You have initiative, a can-do attitude and the ability to take ownership of responsibilities.
- You are passionate about finding new ways to execute ideas in different channels — you need to understand and, most importantly, love marketing.
Why work at Karbon?
- Opportunity to be part of building a global product
- True ownership and autonomy over the work you do
- Work with (and learn from) a very experienced team
- Part of a startup team that will continue to grow around you
- Flexible approach to work hours and environment (we believe in trust and autonomy—we’re not going to monitor when or where you work)
- The option to work remotely, from one of our offices, or both
- A culture of open communication, consistent feedback, and full transparency into company results, metrics, and financial position
Applying for this job
To apply for this job, email your resume and a cover letter that, in less than 500 words, tells us why you want to work with us, why are you the right candidate and one B2B company you think is doing a great job at marketing today and why.
If you don’t include an answer to that last question, you won’t be considered for this position. Bonus points if you identify the typo that’s in this job description.
Please email your application to email@example.com